Tuesday, December 11, 2007

whip me with a wet noodle...

Bad blogger. Bad, bad blogger.

I know it's been a long time. In my defense, I wasn't really knitting all that much. I came to a point in the baby sweater that I couldn't figure out so I just laid it down. For some strange reason, I just stopped knitting. Well, that's changed!

I'm now on Ravelry and oh. my. goodness. I could get lost on that site. Just sit there all day browsing patterns and daydreaming. I've even started to wake up with knitting dreams still dancing around in my head. Of course all the dreams feature intricate patterns and gorgeous yarns.

I've got many projects in the works right now. It all started with a trip to the local Christmas show and a visit to a yarn booth there. I bought three skeins of Trendsetter Yarns Tonalita in three different colorways. I just couldn't decide which one I liked best. I made a Calorimetry out of colorway #2348 for a good friend of mine .

Once the knitting bug was firmly in place, I picked up about a dozen other projects. First came a Rainbow Baby by Jean Greenhowe. I'm not totally done with it as I still have to stitch the face, finish the scarf and tack down the scarf and hat. Then I'll be gifting it.

Once I'd decided to gift the doll, I went into overdrive. This happens to be all the time. I get interested in something and I just take it to an extreme that I can't maintain for very long. This time through, I'm trying not to take on projects that are too challenging or too boring. Somewhere in the middle is nice.

I bought some Patons SWS Wool/Soy blend and tried out the Fake Isle Hat that I'd fallen in love with online. I was happy with the colors and the way they worked together, but the hat turned out really pointy. I'm hoping some blocking and shaping will get it under control. I also have the same yarn in a pink colorway for an after-Christmas project.


Now I'm working like crazy on some teachers gifts for the girls' teachers. The 4th and 2nd grade teachers will each receive a Twin Cabled Purse. I'm going to redo the green purse with circular handles. I just like the looks of that better. I'm hoping I gauged the 2nd grade teacher's "funkiness" right or that green will just annoy her. The two kindergarten teachers will each receive a pair of slippers that are a quick knit. But, alas, no pictures of those yet!

I've got a whole bunch of projects in my queue, but only time for gifts right now. Next year, I may even try to start the gift making early!

1 comment:

ChristiS said...

You're baaaaaack! I love the purses. And I think of you every time I wear my scarf! And though it has nothing to do with knitting, I know you will do this just cause you're nice like that.....you've been tagged!

http://christis-blahblahblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/ive-been-carded-meme.html